Monday, July 23, 2012

Police & Crime Commissioners: CWO's Julie Iles selected for Surrey



JulieJulie Iles on why she is seeking the Conservative nomination for the Police and Crime Commissioner of Surrey

Police and Crime Commissioners are fundamental to the Governments’ programme of decentralisation and making the police accountable to the local people. As a candidate for Commissioner I will engage with the public to ensure that I have a strong mandate to drive the fight against crime and anti-social behaviour.  Given the broader remit to ensure community safety, I will have an agenda of protection and prevention as well as first class, front line policing.

I am an active member of our community in Surrey. I have been a magistrate for ten years, I chair the SE Surrey youth panel and serve on the Youth Justice Advisory Committee. I am also on the Surrey Crimestoppers Committee. This gives me a genuine experience of the criminal issues across Surrey and the effect they have on peoples’ lives...

Read the full article at Conservative Home
http://conservativehome.blogs.com/localgovernment/2012/07/making-surrey-even-safer.html

No comments: